Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two down, one to go

If you picked up a copy of the paper in the last two days, you might have caught a glimpse of our high school football previews. We're kind of proud of them.

I must tell you, while football season is my favorite time of the year, it is a love-hate relationship -- The preview sections first and foremost.

I love all the aspects that go into the previews: the planning, the designing, writing the stories, getting out of the office to see the local coaches ... all of it. However, it's a 10-day (at least) stretch where I see The Redhead only long enough for to hit the highlights of her day.

We put the county section to bed Wednesday afternoon. I've got until Saturday to finish the college section.

Again I say I love doing them, but I just woke up at 4:30 a.m. in a cold sweat because I thought for some reason it was Saturday. That another part of it I hate.